***Opportunity Fund for Fairhaven College and American Cultural Studies Students in Financial Need***
This Fund is to help students who are in financial need and require some assistance in order to maintain their enrollment during the 2020 spring quarter in Fairhaven College or American Cultural Studies. This fund has been created in response to the economic disruption caused by the Coronavirus pandemic. This is not an emergency fund, however. This is a traditional WWU scholarship and will become a part of a student’s financial aid package. This scholarship is available to any and all students regardless if they receive state or federal funding. This scholarship is also available regardless of your documentation status. The total award is $2000. Please note, this scholarship is typically forwarded (by the WWU Financial Aid Office) to pay for tuition and fees first, and then disbursed to the student as cash to pay for housing, books and other living expenses. Your application needs to be sent no later than 5 pm, March 27th to Midori.Takagi@wwu.edu
Requirements for applying:
- Please write a letter stating your financial condition at this time, how it has been disrupted by recent events, and your immediate needs. This letter should be no longer than 500 words. This letter should also include your name, your Western i.d. number, and an email address where you can be contacted.
- If you are awarded an Opportunity Fund Scholarship, you must write a short thank you letter addressed to “generous donor.” Please send this letter to Tori Talkington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must be formally admitted to or enrolled in Fairhaven College during the award period in order to be eligible for Fairhaven College scholarships and grants.
Awardees must enroll for a minimum of 12 credits per quarter.
Awards will be divided over Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Recipients of renewable scholarships must submit the following by the date indicated in your renewal letter:
- a short essay addressing your academic progress
- an unofficial copy of your transcript
- any other materials requested in the renewal letter
How to Apply
Each Scholarship listed below has its own application criteria. Please see specific scholarship descriptions and applications for requirements. If you are applying to multiple scholarships, you cannot submit the identical essay for each application. Each essay MUST specifically address the criteria and spirit of the scholarship. If your essay does not address the specifics of the scholarship, then it will be rendered ineligible.
Friday, May 8h 2020 at 5:00pm PST (unless otherwise noted)
Application Forms - Instructions
Students applying for more than one scholarship must submit a separate application for each scholarship. **You must fill out the form or else your application will not be complete.**
Copy and send this link to the people writing your letters of recommendation. https://fairhaven.wwu.edu/fairhaven-college-letter-recommendation-form