Fairhaven College of Interdisciplinary Studies
Fairhaven College of Interdisciplinary Studies at Western Washington University cultivates student responsibility for designing and assessing learning through interdisciplinary inquiry, creativity, and scholarship. With an emphasis on justice, social and environmental responsibility and cultural diversity, we challenge ourselves through active, innovative, and experiential learning to examine our choices, roles, and purposes in the world.
Fairhaven College is distinguished by:
- Small, seminar-style courses at a public university
- Narrative evaluations instead of grades
- Close advising relationships with faculty
- Opportunities for independent and international study
- Student-designed interdisciplinary degrees