Applying to Fairhaven College
Applying for admission to Fairhaven College requires simultaneously applying to both Fairhaven College and Western Washington University, as Fairhaven College is college within Western Washington University.
Fairhaven College will accept applications for fall, winter, and spring quarters on a space-available-rolling admission process. You will still need to comply with WWU application deadlines (listed above). While we will continue to accept applications after the WWU deadline, we do recommend applying before the deadline to receive full consideration. Finally, don't forget to check the “Fairhaven Interest” box on your application!
At Fairhaven, our priority is your success as a student. In the spirit of transparency and setting students up for success, we strongly suggest you consider these details if you are transferring to Fairhaven with more than 100 credits of coursework completed:
- Your fastest possible timeline to graduation is a 6 - quarter timeline*. This is due to Fairhaven curricular requirements.
- Fall start: fall, winter, spring, summer, fall, winter graduation
- Spring start: spring, fall, winter, spring, summer, fall graduation
- Winter start: winter, spring, fall, winter, spring, summer graduation
*major requirements and timeline listed are subject change based on individualized plan of study
- If you are receiving financial aid: federal financial aid regulations limits the Maximum Attempted Credits -- the number of attempted credits for which financial aid will pay
- If you have attempted 140-150 credits, you may be asked to complete an appeal process to exceed maximum allowable credits
- See the Financial Aid Services Center at WWU for questions and to schedule an appointment to talk directly to financial aid.
• Complete the Western Washington Application and check the “Fairhaven Interest” box in the Academic Interests section of your application. See the Western Admissions website for more information about their required application materials (official transcripts, SAT or ACT scores are optional and a $65.00 application fee or fee waiver form, etc.).
• Fairhaven College Online Admissions Application
◦ Application Essay
▪ Essay prompt: describe your educational goals, academic interests, and the reason you are applying to Fairhaven College. The best length for the essay is whatever length it takes you to respond to the prompt in its entirety. If the essay you used for your Western application addresses these components, you can upload the same essay.
• 2 Letters of Recommendation
◦ Send our Letter of Recommendation Form to your recommenders to complete.
◦ We accept Letters of Recommendation from teachers, counselors, faculty members, internship or employment supervisors. At least one of your recommenders should be a teacher or faculty member who has interacted with you in a classroom environment. Letters must be written within the past year.
Interviews will be scheduled upon receipt of all application materials and can be done in person at Fairhaven College or via Zoom video call. Interviews are scheduled for 50 minutes and give us an opportunity to learn more about your interests and why you would like to be a Fairhaven College student. This is also an opportunity for you to ask questions you may have about Fairhaven College or WWU.