Applying to Fairhaven College
Applying for admission to Fairhaven College requires simultaneously applying to both Fairhaven College and Western Washington University, as Fairhaven College is college within Western Washington University.
Fairhaven College Deadlines
Fairhaven College will accept quarterly applications on a space-available-rolling admission process. You will still need to comply with WWU application deadlines (listed below). While we will continue to accept applications after the WWU deadline, we do recommend applying before the deadline to receive full consideration. Finally, check the “Fairhaven Interest” box on your application!
Required Application Materials
• Complete the Western Washington Application and check the “Fairhaven Interest” box in the Academic Interests section of your application. See the Western Admissions website for more information about their required application materials (official transcripts, SAT or ACT scores are optional, and a $65.00 application fee or fee waiver form, etc.).
• Fairhaven College Online Admissions Application
◦ Application Essay
▪ Essay prompt: describe your educational goals, academic interests, and the reason you are applying to Fairhaven College. The best length for the essay is whatever length it takes you to respond to the prompt in its entirety. If the essay you used for your Western application addresses these components, you can upload the same essay.
• 2 Letters of Recommendation/References
◦ Send our Letter of Recommendation Form to your recommenders to complete.
◦ We accept Letters of Recommendation from teachers, counselors, faculty members, internship or employment supervisors. At least one of your recommenders should be a teacher or faculty member who has interacted with you in a classroom environment. Letters must be written within the past year.
Interviews & Decisions
Interviews will be scheduled upon receipt of all application materials and can be done in person at Fairhaven College or by phone. Please specify your interview preference in your application. Interviews are usually no more than 30 minutes and give us an opportunity to learn more about your interests and why you would like to be a Fairhaven College student. This is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about Fairhaven College or WWU.
Questions? Contact Western's Admissions office