Applying to Fairhaven College
Applying for admission to Fairhaven College requires simultaneously applying to both Fairhaven College and Western Washington University, as Fairhaven College is college within Western Washington University.
WWU Application Deadlines
|Fall Quarter - Early Action||November 1|
|Fall Quarter - Regular Decision||January 31|
|Winter Quarter||September 15|
|Spring Quarter||January 1|
Fairhaven College Deadlines
Fairhaven College will accept quarterly applications on a space-available-rolling admission process. You will still need to comply with WWU application deadlines (listed below). While we will continue to accept applications after the WWU deadline, we do recommend applying before the deadline to receive full consideration. Finally, check the “Fairhaven Interest” box on your application!
Required Application Materials
- Complete the WWU Application and check the “Fairhaven Interest” box in the Academic Interests section of your application. See the WWU Admissions website for more information about their required application materials (official transcripts, SAT or ACT scores and a $60.00 application fee or fee waiver form, etc.).
- Fairhaven College Online Admissions Application Form
- Application Essay
- Your essay is an opportunity to describe your educational goals, academic interests, and the reason you are applying to Fairhaven College. If the essay you used for your WWU application addresses these components, you can upload the same essay.
- Application Essay
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Send our Letter of Recommendation Form to your recommenders to complete.
- We accept Letters of Recommendation from teachers, counselors, faculty members, internship or employment supervisors. No personal references are accepted. At least one of your recommenders should be a teacher or faculty member who has interacted with you in a classroom environment. Letters must be written within the past year.
If you have questions about our application process, please contact us: Fairhaven.Admissions@wwu.edu or 360-650-2123
Interviews & Decisions
Interviews will be scheduled upon receipt of all application materials and can be done in person at Fairhaven College or by phone. Please specify your interview preference in your application. Interviews are usually no more than 30 minutes and give us an opportunity to learn more about your interests and why you would like to be a Fairhaven College student. This is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about Fairhaven College or WWU.
Questions? Contact WWU Admissions